Currently recruiting for an Experienced Administrator, for more details please use our contact page to submit an enquiry/express your interest in applying for this position.
We Are Recruiting
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
CB Contracts (NI) Ltd are a Belfast based flooring, painting and hygienic cladding sub-contractor with over 35 years’ experience in the construction industry. We work throughout the UK on large scale commercial projects with some of the biggest main contractors in the country.
We are currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the existing Commercial Team.
This role will encompass all aspects of the commercial function on flooring, painting and hygienic cladding contracts undertaken by the company from initial enquiry through to final account negotiation.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will also be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Quantity Surveying/ Estimating Team including providing commercial advice and support management and mentoring of team members and allocation of work
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Solid Commercial Awareness.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- High level of organisational skills.
- Excellent numerical, IT and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
This attractive remuneration package will be based on experience. This is a permanent role with a leading sub-contractor that can provide structured training and fantastic opportunities to help grow the company.
Closing date for applications will be the 22nd of April 2022.
- Analyse data and report monthly to Directors.
- Arrange, prepare the agenda, and chair quarterly management reviews.
- Manage, maintain, and improve the Company’s Integrated Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management System to ISI9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 externally audited standards. Lead the drive for continual improvement of these standards.
- Determine the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of site SHEQ management programmes and systems.
- Advise line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules, and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractors’ sites.
- To complete prevention inspections and internal audits of the IMS systems on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
- To investigate accidents/incidents, liaise with interested parties and ensure documentation/records are maintained and updated as necessary.
- To review monthly SHEQ Communications for all sites and levels of staff, and action when necessary.
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for periodic IMS audits for the three standards.
- Liaison with HR Dept for initiating and coordinating training plan and updating information for personnel, audit requirements.
- Advise Managers both on and off site with regards health, safety, quality, and environmental matters, and ensure advice is incorporated into day-to-day processes and operations.
- Provide support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilitate all forms of risk assessment e.g., general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others.
- Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys e.g., noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Produce and coordinate the annual SHEQ action plan and longer term SHEQ roadmap, prepare reports for monthly update of same to Senior Management.
- Monitor Site “permit-to-work” system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Monitor and maintain the company’s TNA (training needs analysis).
- Assist with PQQ & tender/submission documentation.
What CBC can offer you:
A permanent position with an attractive package for the successful candidate, the opportunity to develop and grow in your chosen profession and be a part of a continually growing company with exciting opportunities.