Not Currently Recruiting…
We Are Recruiting
C.B. Contracts (NI) Ltd, part of the Bell Group of Companies is seeking to fill the position of SHEQ Manager (Based in Belfast, occasional travel to GB).
To manage all aspects of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that the Company’s Policy, Procedures, Standards and Objectives are met. To continually improve the company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) integrated management system to ensure industry leading practices are maintained. Ensure that SHEQ elements of all projects are delivered to industry best practice.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a SHEQ Management Role with experience of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO45001
- Nebosh level 6 Diploma or equilivant degree
- Nebosh environmental diploma
- CSR or CSCS registered
- Member of professional body – e.g., IOSH
- Qualified lead auditor
- Driving license
- Excellent communication, observation & organisational skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Customer focused
- Works well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Computing Skills
Experience of working in the Construction Industry is desirable.
- Analyse data and report monthly to Directors.
- Arrange, prepare the agenda, and chair quarterly management reviews.
- Manage, maintain, and improve the Company’s Integrated Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management System to ISI9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 externally audited standards. Lead the drive for continual improvement of these standards.
- Determine the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of site SHEQ management programmes and systems.
- Advise line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules, and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractors’ sites.
- To complete prevention inspections and internal audits of the IMS systems on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
- To investigate accidents/incidents, liaise with interested parties and ensure documentation/records are maintained and updated as necessary.
- To review monthly SHEQ Communications for all sites and levels of staff, and action when necessary.
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for periodic IMS audits for the three standards.
- Liaison with HR Dept for initiating and coordinating training plan and updating information for personnel, audit requirements.
- Advise Managers both on and off site with regards health, safety, quality, and environmental matters, and ensure advice is incorporated into day-to-day processes and operations.
- Provide support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilitate all forms of risk assessment e.g., general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others.
- Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys e.g., noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Produce and coordinate the annual SHEQ action plan and longer term SHEQ roadmap, prepare reports for monthly update of same to Senior Management.
- Monitor Site “permit-to-work” system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Monitor and maintain the company’s TNA (training needs analysis).
- Assist with PQQ & tender/submission documentation.
What CBC can offer you:
A permanent position with an attractive package for the successful candidate, the opportunity to develop and grow in your chosen profession and be a part of a continually growing company with exciting opportunities.